Here are some totally random songs I've been listening to lately. Most of them were part of the back-ground music of some movie trailer I watched recently. These are the only things that have kept me sane from the insane week I had recently dodging near misses on Electronics and Thermodynamics Viva board..heh heh.
* I've got to see you again - Norah Jones (Nice going জারজ. You rule..sometimes)
* Kung Fu Fighting -Carl Douglas (quintessential Mano-a-mano battle song)
* Ain't no love in the heart of the city - Bobby Blue Bland
* Moving in stereo - The Cars (Damn, I've finally found one of those songs I heard first on my sister's boombox in the 90s. The other one was probably UB-40s "Red Red Wine". Now those were crap songs. But I've learned to like them...at least for the sake of some neural reminisce).
* Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered - Ella Fitzgerald ( Didn't know Abbu's old LP collection in the feverish store-room had such gold. I've seen some of Abbu's old Cornell pics with those hip 80's bell bottom pants and everything, but damn, he must've been quite a jazzy man himself.)
* American Pie- Don Mclean (This is one good song...too bad about 99% of the world outside US doesn't live the kind of "American" life Don says his "good ole" boys do )
Lets end this with one of my favourite "bar notice(s)" from the heart of the "Cradle of Civilization". The following was taken in front of a Nigerian bar
I wish my life was nearly as naive.